Home Styles






  • Add description, images, menus and links to your mega menu

  • A column with no settings can be used as a spacer

  • Link to your collections, sales and even external links

  • Add up to five columns

  • About Our License Agreement

    Your Plan Set purchase includes a single-use license agreement, unless you’d like to purchase additional building licenses.

    The terms of our standard license agreement for the construction of a single structure include the below stipulations for what you may and may not do with your purchased plan.

    You May:

    • Use the plan, as is or as altered by you or your agents, for the sole purpose of constructing one single structure.
    • Print or make additional copies of the plan for the sole purpose of constructing one single structure.
    • Modify the plan as necessary to comply with local building code requirements, meet material requirements, and make personal customizations.
    • Provide the plan, in whole or part, to others, including engineers, architects, interior designers, sub-contractors, suppliers, graphic artists, and others for the purpose of allowing them to modify the plan to meet your needs, to satisfy local building codes, and assist in the estimating, construction, and marketing of one single structure.

    You May Not:

    • Sell the plan, or any altered design(s) based on the plan.
    • Build more than a single structure from the plan in its original or altered form. Any additional use of the plan is subject to additional licensing fees. You agree to contact Rocky Mountain Plan Company for information on re-use fees and/or multiple-use agreements prior to the construction of any additional structures.
    • Distribute the plan or any related documents — in original or altered forms — in any way or on any media, except as necessary to complete alterations through your agents or to use the plan to construct one single structure.
    • Imply that Rocky Mountain Plan Company is responsible for any revisions to the plan as altered by you or your agents.
    • Remove the Rocky Mountain Plan Company copyright and/or the logo block that identifies the design as a derivative of a Rocky Mountain Plan Company design or remove or obscure the license number.
    • Extract any portion of the information from the context of the design and apply it to other projects or distribute to others any part or portion of the design.

    Copyright and Ownership

    Rocky Mountain Plan Company retains title to, ownership of, and all other proprietary rights of the original design and any subsequent copies, regardless of the form or media in which they exist. This includes all parts of the design, even if modified.

    Our designs are copyrighted and protected under federal and international copyright laws. Learn more about copyright and house plans.

    All Plans Require Engineering

    Please note that structural engineering is not included in our plans. Given the substantial variations in geography and climate across the country, each state or county may enforce its own distinct building regulations. Your plans will likely need site-specific engineering to comply with these local requirements.

    Many building departments require site-specific adjustments and designs, including site plans, structural engineering, MEP (mechanical, electrical, and plumbing) plans, energy code compliance, and local code updates. It is your responsibility to comply with all local building codes, zoning requirements, and other applicable laws, regulations, ordinances, and conditions set forth by your planning commission.

    A great place to start is with a visit to your local building department or their website. Many will have a handout or list of everything you need in order to submit for a building permit. We recommend working with a local structural and truss engineer who can review your plans for compliance with local building codes and make modifications as needed. A local expert familiar with your specific region will be best to make sure your plans meet the code requirements of your area.